Copyright in some of these publications is not solely owned by me; accordingly, the documents below are not available under a Creative Commons licence unless explicitly stated.
Scholarly articles and book chapters
- Flew, Terry, Suzor, Nicolas P., & Liu, Bonnie Rui (2013) Copyrights and copyfights : copyright law and the digital economy. International Journal of Technology Policy and Law, 2(1), pp. 297-315.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. & Woodford, Darryl (2013) Evaluating consent and legitimacy amongst shifting community norms : an EVE Online case study. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, 6(3), pp. 1-14.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2013) Access, progress, and fairness : rethinking exclusivity in copyright. Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law, 15(2), pp. 297-342.
- Harpur, Paul D. & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2013) Copyright protections and disability rights : turning the page to a new international paradigm. University of New South Wales Law Journal, 36(3), pp. 745-778.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2012) Order supported by law : the enforcement of norms in virtual communities. Mercer Law Review, 63(2), pp. 523-595.
- Pappalardo, Kylie M. & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2011) Standardisation and patent ambush : potential liability under Australian competition law. Competition & Consumer Law Journal, 18, p. 267.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. & Fitzgerald, Brian F. (2011) The legitimacy of graduated response schemes in copyright law. University of New South Wales Law Journal, 34(1), pp. 1-40.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2010) The role of the rule of law in virtual communities. Berkeley Technology Law Journal, 25(4), pp. 1818-1886.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2009) On the (partially) inalienable rights of participants in virtual communities. Media International Australia incorporating Culture and Policy, 130, pp. 90-101.
- Suzor, Nicolas P., Harpur, Paul D., & Thampapillai, Dilan (2008) Digital copyright and disability discrimination: From braille books to bookshare. Media & Arts Law Review, 13(1), p. 1.
- Suzor, Nicolas (2008) Where the bloody hell does parody fit in Australian copyright law? Media and Arts Law Review, 13(2), pp. 218-248.
- Fitzgerald, Brian F. & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2005) Legal issues for the use of free and open source software in government. Melbourne University Law Review, 29(2), pp. 412-447.
- Humphreys, Sal, Fitzgerald, Brian F., Banks, John A., & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2005) Fan based production for computer games: User led innovation, the ‘drift of value’ and the negotiation of intellectual property rights. Media International Australia Incorporating Culture and Policy: quarterly journal of media research and resources, pp. 16-29.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2004) Privacy v IP Litigation : preliminary third party discovery on the Internet. Australian Bar Review, 25, p. 227
- Suzor, Nicolas P., Fitzgerald, Brian F., & Perry, Mark (2011) Free software as a democratic principle. In Perry, Mark & Fitzgerald, Brian F. (Eds.) Knowledge Policy for the Twenty-First Century : A Legal Perspective. Irwin Law, Toronto, ON, pp. 17-28.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. & Fitzgerald, Brian F. (2007) The role of open content licences in building open content communities : Creative Commons, GFDL and other licences. In Kapitzke, Cushla & Peters, Michael A. (Eds.) Global knowledge cultures. Sense Publishers, Rotterdam, Netherlands, pp. 145-159.
- Bassett, Graham & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2004) Recent developments. In Fitzgerald, Brian F. & Bassett, Graham D. (Eds.) Legal Issues Relating to Free and Open Source Software. QUT Press, Brisbane, QLD, pp. 121-124.
PhD Thesis (June, 2010)
- Digital constitutionalism and the role of the rule of law in the governance of virtual communities (available under a CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 (AU) licence).
- Suzor, Nicolas (2013) Google Books wins ‘fair use’ but Australian copyright lags. The Conversation.
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2012) iiNet’s Hollywood ending : what does its court victory mean for copyright law? The Conversation.
- Summer, Rene, Suzor, Nicolas P., & Fair, Patrick (2011) Copyright enforcement in the networked society : guiding principles for protecting copyright. Ericsson.
- Fitzgerald, Brian F. & Suzor, Nicolas P. (2006) The Australian Sony PlayStation Case and the Implementation of the Australia-US Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA). .
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2005) Remix, reuse, recycle. NAVA Quarterly.
All presentations, unless specifically noted, are available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 licence.
- Global Congress on IP in the the Public Interest, Crowdfunding the Commons (13 December 2013)
- QUT HDR skills workshop, Critical analysis in legal research (29 October 2013)
- QUT Law School Research Seminars, Access and Progress in copyright (22 October 2013)
- CCI Symposium: Control and Play, Control and Play in copyright (18 October 2013)
- QUT HDR skills workshop, Academic life (08 August 2013)
- QUT LLM Research workshop, Reflections on my PhD experience (06 August 2013)
- QUT HDR skills workshop, Interdisciplinary research (17 July 2013
- Australian Teaches of Media Masterclass, Social media and the law (04 July 2013)
- CCI Winter School, Copyright: a selective regulatory history (25 June 2013)
- CCI Winter School, Regulating the internet (25 June 2013)
- Santa Clara Internet Law Works in Progress, Collective Action models in OA publishing (16 March 2013)
- Creative Commons Lunch & Learn, Collective action in Copyright (19 March 2013)
- Noisebridge, 5 Minutes of Fame Copyright reform and copyright hacks (21 March 2013) (also presented at Open Knowledge Foundation meetup, 25 March 2013)
- ADA Copyright forum, Creativity and Transformative Use (01 March 2013) (video)
- UNSW Copyright exceptions forum, Social Media Exceptions, 28 Feburary 2013
- ANU Socio-legal scholars conference, Collective Action in Copyright, 14 February 2013
- … missing period denotes brief infatuation with Prezi …
- Legitimacy in virtual community governance, Digital Interactive Symposium: Edinburgh, Edinburgh (August 2010)
- Moral rights and open licensing, Copyright 2010, Australian National University, Canberra (June 2010)
- Graduated responses and the rule of law, Copyright 2010, Australian National University, Canberra (June 2010)
- Gods, Dictators, and Democracies: Roles and rights of Communities, Games Convention Online (GCO) Conference, Leipzig (01 August 2009): PPT PDF ODP.
- The role of the rule of law in virtual communities, State of Play VI, New York (20 June 2009): PDF or PPT.
- Reverse Engineering, Anti-Circumvention, and Other Broken Laws, Linux.conf.au 2009, Tasmania: PDF
- Suzor, Nicolas P. (2013) Copyright and the digital economy: submission to ALRC Discussion Paper 79.
- Personal submission to the Australian Law Reform Commission’sreview of Copyright and the Digital Economy (2012).
- CCI submission to the Australian Law Reform Commission’sreview of Copyright and the Digital Economy (2012).
- Suzor, Nicolas P. & Dootson, Paula (2013) Submission to House Standing Committee on Infrastructure and Communications inquiry into IT Pricing. House of Representatives Standing Committee on Infrastructure and Communications.
- Personal submission to Attorney-General’s Department draft terms of reference to the ALRC on copyright exceptions (2012).
- Personal submission to the ALRC’s National Classification Scheme Review Issues Paper 40 (2011).
- EFA and Ausgamer’s joint submission to the Attorney-General’s Department classification review on an R18+ rating for computer games (2010)
- EFA’s submission on legitimacy and transparency in Mandatory ISP Filtering (February 2010)
- EFA’s submission to the DBCDE Future Directions Consultation (February 2009)
- EFA’s submission to the Attorney General’s Department consultation on the Telecommunications Interception and Access Act Network Protection amendments
- EFA submission to AGD in response to the format shifting exceptions for photographs and films review.
- Brian Fitzgerald and Nic Suzor "Getting the Balance Right" – A Submission to House of Representatives Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs – Inquiry into technological protection measures (TPM) exceptions (2005) (available under a CC BY-SA 2.5 (AU) licence).