I really enjoyed talking about feminism, online abuse, and regulation at Brisbane’s Gallery of Modern Art recently. You can watch the video below.
We were told that new technology would unshackle women from the domestic duties of the home, and yet in the 21st century women’s experience of online and social media is one of abuse, exclusion and exploitation. From trolling, to gaming and online culture, is technology feminism’s new frontier?
- Hosted by Paul Barclay, presenter of ABC Radio National’s Big Ideas
- Dr Emma A Jane, Author and Senior Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer, The University of New South Wales
- Alanah Pearce, Writer, presenter and Associate Editor, Toys and Culture, IGN Entertainment
- Dr Melinda Rackham, Artist, curator and writer
- A/Prof Nicolas Suzor, Senior Research Fellow, Faculty of Law, Queensland University of Technology